Sunday 18 November 2012

Summer in the (Mother) City

Hope everyone has had a rested weekend!

I've been desperately waiting for summer to arrive here in the beautiful Mother City, Cape Town - this weekend it certainly did.  As the days are growing longer and warmer I find myself getting a generally brighter outlook on life.  Those of you who are also summer babies will know exactly what I'm talking about. The sun is up before I am.  Birds chirping in the early hours of the morning.  That special smell in the air.  Summer.... Sigh... I missed you so!

I love spending time outdoors in the summer - going for walks, to the beach and general exploring :) Will be sharing these adventures among other things in the months to follow.On Saturday the two of us went to one of our favourite breakfast spots - Arnolds on Kloof Street.  The food and coffee are amazing, the staff are super friendly and the vibe is just great in general. Plus they have those cool mist sprayers for those summer scorchers.


After a quick stop at the V&A Waterfront (not possible without a stop at Zara) we met up with my parents in law who were looking after our niece for the weekend. We met for a bit of a play date at the Sea Point Promenade.  She's super cute and has us all wrapped completely around her little finger.







Today was a much needed chill day.  Hope you all had lovely weekends.  Let me know what you were up to - I'm always open for new adventures!

Have a happy week!

T
xxx

Title Inspiration:  Lovin' Spoonful - Summer in the City 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a lovely weekend! I completely understand what you mean about summer's arrival :) A bright comfort! Thank you for sharing:)
    xx xx

    ReplyDelete