Friday 30 November 2012

Happy Advent!


I’m sure we all agree that this time of year is both exciting and exhausting!
So many things to do and organise before Christmas as well as catching up on many little things we’ve been meaning to do all year so that we can start the new year with a fresh start.

Among all the chaos is the beautiful peace that Christmas brings each year.  One certainly has to make time to soak some up as well.

To start off this festive season I thought I’d do a little DIY (been meaning to do a bit all year…)  Thought what better thing to make than my very own Advent Calendar!

Growing up my brother and I always had the little advent calendars with the little windows that open to reveal a little chocolate each day – fun memories!
Now that they are so readily available in most shops I felt like I needed to do something different this year… So I made one! With Joe’s help of course… Thanks Schatz!

We ‘acquired’ a large square chalk board some time ago that we have hung in our living area and have decorated according to birthdays and other festivities throughout the year.
This was the perfect canvas for this year’s advent calendar! 

We spilt the square into 25 blocks and randomly filled them with numbers 1 through to 25.  We then staple gunned some string across each row and attached the individually packed paper packets to the string with some old school washing pegs.  Worked perfectly!  Posted some pics below for you to see what I did…

As Joe and I would be sharing this calendar I filled each packet with at least 2 little bite size chocolates so that we could each have a little ‘something’ each day. 
To spice it up – Joe and I each wrote out 5 little notes to one another and placed them in random packets.  Now, not only are we excited to find out what treat awaits us each day, but we also get to look forward to a little love note from each other – ahhh…

I pray you all have a lovely Advent and enjoy the time getting ready for Christmas with family and friends.
May we all remember what Christmas is all about… Keep it close to our hearts…

Big hug & lots of love!
T
xxx










2 comments:

  1. It looks fantastic! And it is much more special making your own than getting one from the factory. Well done, guys - have fun with it! And Happy Advent! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! I've pinned this to my Holiday pin board!

    ReplyDelete