Tuesday 1 January 2013

The New Year

As 2012 drew to a close - I am sure I was not alone in thinking back over the last 12 months... All the things we are proud of, the regrets, the sad moments and the happy... All shaping us into the people we are today.

I'm not really a big one on new years resolutions - although a few things always seem to come to mind: get fit, get healthy, start a journal... Well, I'm certainly going to try the first 2 again - and this blog - and you my followers - fulfil my journal writing, so thank you!

Over the last year - I have really come to realise how little control I have over certain things and this has been a truly humbling experience for me.  I have really had to work on my faith and handing over all the things I cannot control to God.  I know He has a plan and that I have a very special part in that plan - I am just trying to figure out exactly what that part is... I am sure I'm not alone?

As a very special person said to me, not too long ago - we may know the WHAT, but not the HOW.  So my hope for 2013 is to have the grace and courage to take every moment and make the best of it.  To explore, love, encourage... live.



Joe and I went to Kirstenbosch the other day - what an awesome place... Nature has a profound way of calming me... And as I sat and took in the beauty and the peace - a poem came to mind which made me link nature and life.  There are seasons in life and each season has an important part. One season cannot exist without the other.. Something I will try and remember in the year ahead...

The garden is never dead; 
growth is always going on, 
and growth that can be seen, 
and seen with delight.

~ Henry Ellacombe - In My Vicarage Garden

I wish you all a very Happy and Blessed 2013!
I hope to share lots of fun and exciting things with you this year and look forward to hearing from all of you!

Big hug & lots of love,
T
xxx

1 comment:

  1. So true! Whilst we cannot control things, we must always enjoy life and make the best of it, and we are sure to have a great time and learn lots of valuable things along the way. Have a super, healthy, joyful and memorable 2013! :-)

    ReplyDelete